View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 10:39 PM   #10
5thGenIndy500

Drives: 2011 Indy 500 Pace Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smkymts View Post
Wow, I missed that while at the race. My info was based on the info emailed to me by the VP Of Marketing at Chevrolet.

So I bow to your insight then. It would be nice to see those pics. Could you add them to your album attached to your profile so everyone can enjoy them.
I hope you did not think that I was trying to be a smart %ss or anything I was only trying to say what I witnessed firsthand while there, as I also spoke to Fritz early on and was told there were only 50 festival cars plus 3 actual pace cars but, while there I saw #51 plus 2 Coupe pace cars. So maybe they were added later... I know there is more than one actual Pace Car so as to have backup in case of break down or crashes (a pace car has crashed before too). If it is like previous years one of the actual pace cars goes into the Indy 500 Museum and one goes into the GM Museum not sure where the third ends up....some exec I would suspect.

I am a lap sponsor and there is a grassy area right down next to the pace car pit exit at the end of pit row that is reserved for lap sponsors. So I was able to see firsthand and close up the three pace cars staged just prior to the start of the race. I will post the photos as soon as I locate them in the 1,000 plus photos that I have.
5thGenIndy500 is offline   Reply With Quote