Thread: Socal BS Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 04:45 PM   #31057
cterry
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2010 Carmaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
Just because your agent says it's covered, doesn't supersede the contract which is the insurance policy, which last time I read it(I have State Farm too, for 27 years), anything on a race track with timing involved is enough to exclude coverage based on my reading of the policy, which even includes autocross...

it's possible you might get it covered, as I have heard it happen, sometimes you get a claims adjuster that is good but you might also run into the claims adjuster that likes to read the policy literally and screw with people..

I do know companies that specifically provide track insurance, which is what the dude that racked the ZL1 at Fontana had from places like Lockton Affinity....

Hopefully you never have to find out if you have coverage for it.
Hey Dannie, Question for you. I am due for a new set of 315 rear tires for my Modulares and a new set of race tires for the other wheels.
Do you think it would be a good idea to skip the race tires and just run Micheline PSS's on my Modulares and use them for racing. I am going to spend the about the same amount of money if I do invo's on Modulare's and NT05's for the race set, but if I do this, I won't have to swap wheels everytime we race. Mark at Nitrous Garage doesn't think I should race with the Modulares, but I don't see the problem. I have an email into Peter to see what he says.
cterry is offline   Reply With Quote