Thread: Socal BS Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 06:02 PM   #31065
cterry
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2010 Carmaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
If you want to just use one set I would go with the Michelin's PSS's on your Modulare's...unless you're planning to run the big tracks, I'm not sure I would worry about running the Modulare's, as my Forgeline's have hidden hardware too. And Michelin's work way better than NT05's...issue I think you will have is need to check the diameter of the fronts to make sure they are close to rears, as I believe you have 9" fronts, which means a 275 front, need to make sure Michelin has a 275/40 that is close to the 315/35 rear so you don't have issues with stabilitrak.

Chuck, the 295/35-20's in the Ferrari XL105 configuration are 12" wide tread width, which is not far off the 315 width of 12.3, but they are shorter which with 275/35-20, you would be about .5" different in outside diameter...anyway, Michelin doesn't make a 275/40-20 from looking, so check the specs on other sizes to see what will match close enough in outside diameters.
Thanks Dannie, your right, I don't see a 275/40/ 20 in the Michelines. Below is the answer I got from Peter at Modulare. I am not worried about using them for autocross either, but do want to do some more road races this year. I am looking at total diameter very carefully too. The 295 invo's I bought once did not look right at all. I want to stay around 28.7 like stock. Wish I could afford some 19 wheels/ race tires, but way too slow at work right now, so need to be thrifty.

from Peter at Modulare.
The wheels we build are limited to on-road use only....those are certified to SAE J2530 which is for street. Unfortunately, there is no way for us to test them for racing, so I would avoid racing on them and use the stock wheels for that.
cterry is offline   Reply With Quote