View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 09:07 PM   #37
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
Living in FL, using normal water will pretty much guarantee spots. It will dry before you can get to it with the drying towel. I don't have a black vehicle so maybe it's insufficient for those but I've found it adequate. But what specifically about Mr. Clean doesn't do the job? I mean it's really not rocket science. You wet the car, put soap on it, use cloth/mitt to clean, and rinse. I don't have a black car but I don't see what the big deal is. The Mr. Clean thing just filters the water to remove the crap so you don't get spots when it dries and mixes the soap in with the water as it comes out.

This is what i found silly about the system. You have to use a wash mitt no way u can do it and get a good wash without touching the car thats a given aka instructions that come with it. So now u have this wash mitt that u need to rinse out not using any buckets or anything with just the mr clean gun. It doesnt do a good job cleaning the mitt so now i pull out my buckets to clean the mitt kinda defeats the purpose of this system imo. On top of that with my 2 black cars it leaves this nasty haze on them aka the autodry setting. I used the system to a tea does it every time. Maybe its the water here in my area i dunno but the system simply wont work as intended they way they want it too. What proctor and gamble have done is produced a nice little system for people to purchase there over priced soap and these filters that make washing a car that adds up for a less then average wash job.Sure there is nothing to washing a car BUT if u dont want to add nasty swirls and scratch's to your paint which i hate then there are proper technique's u must use or you will have a nasty looking paint job in no time. Until i find something thats better then the system i use that does not put any new swirls in my paint i will continue to do it using the traditional 2 bucket system with a foam gun and fire hose nozzle.
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote