View Single Post
Old 03-01-2016, 11:59 AM   #1
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Yet another Timing Chain

Hey Guys,

First off, I had written an entire paragraph but it deleted everything I wrote when I attempted to post it so now I am summarizing what I wrote.

So I had all the symptoms and was dreading facing reality but sure enough, my car has the P0008 code.

Brutal, car has 80,000km (50k miles) has been babied since June 2009 and has had full synthethic oil changes every 5k miles.

Called the dealer, was told it would be upwards of $2500 to replace the chains and was told that not a single Camaro has come in with chains and the whole old story.
I explained how the Camaro has a known issue with the chains and then discussed the TSB for the other models which had the same engine.

Well figured next step is to call GM Canada.
In a nutshell, they said that I was pretty much out of luck and it was up to the dealers discussion as to what will happen.

We all know how that would turn out.

I am truly at a loss for words. I have been an advocate for the Chevy Team and have done everything I can to treat my vehicle right. I was in the market for a new vehicle and was considering the new Camaro SS and or the Stingray, with the intention of permanently storing my 2010.

If the chains were worn down because of myself personally, then I would pipe up and pay the fee, but knowing that this is a known issue plus the thought of an engine failure in another 20k is just sad.
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote