View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 12:40 PM   #162
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010reddevil View Post
I'm not bagging on your ride one bit so don't take it as such. I'm just wondering how you have more mods than me and I out trapped you? I mean, I had seriously considered the 3.91 or 4.10 like you have. You have those pricey ARH headers and I prolly had less in mods than just the cost of those alone.

I see you live in NY state. What was your D/A during your runs? Best I ever got was 2200. Definitely less than ideal.
No worries. Previous owner footed the bill on the ARH headers - that's crazy money if you ask me. I doubt they are any better in the power department than any of the other 1.875" long tubes. Otherwise, we're pretty close on the mods, cutouts are just noise, ported TB is more about response than any power gains.

That car usually goes about 113, give or take a little. Best DA and mph I've seen in 2 years was the 12.59@113.46, at around 1330', against a 5mph breeze. Usually its around 2000' or more in the summer. The breeze probably knocks a mph off.

The gears are definitely not helping trap speed - I'm crossing at like 5600rpm, which is sub-optimal. I couldn't make it in third even before the gear swap, my tires run a little too short. Running third through the traps, if you have enough tire height, is probably part of the equation to great bolt on trap speed. The gears do help on the short end, much easier to get the car going, and probably helping overall ET. Once I go to an 18" drag radial they will be an even bigger asset on the launch.

What's your 60' time like? 660' ET and speed? I would think if the car will give up 115 it might be good for another tenth or two on street tires.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote