View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 07:25 PM   #22
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndCamaro79 View Post
I understand what people are saying, so keep selling Buick in China and dissolve them in the states. Maybe C5 is not the community that buys Buick, but I never see them listed under drives on here. I also never see them on the road, or hear people talking about them. I think the Regal GS Turbo is a great car, but I never see them on the road. The Verano is like a Cruze, but I see a lot more of the Cruze on the road. The Enclave has a lot of luxury, but I see one for every 5 Traverses. Chevy could make the LTZ trim Buick quality and call it a day.
That's your reasoning behind killing Buick here? Because you never see any?

I suppose we should just ignore the fact that they've sold over 150,000 units YTD already.

Verano and Cruze share the same platform and nothing else. Powertrains are different, interiors are different, exterior is different. Plus it starts $7k more than a Cruze, yet is arguably a sales success, carving out a new segment in the entry-level luxury market that Acura's now trying to get into with the ILX.

Enclave, same story. Of course you'll see more of a cheaper car. That's like wondering why you see more Toyotas than Bentleys on the road.

There is simply no logical reason to kill Buick in the US. They're selling well, they are bringing new (mostly former import owners) into the GM fold, and they're profitable.