View Single Post
Old 05-07-2016, 04:11 AM   #347
satxrider
Bad 45th

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversay Edition SS
Thanks for the help and suggestions. I spent the day putting it all in. Some observations. Kooks appears to be a very high quality product. This fit was right on. They included locking header bolts by Stage 8. I went with the full system. Stepped LT headers, HF cats, 3 inch pipes and Kooks racing muffler. The sound is great, even better than the muffler delete with the stock manifold. The tone is deeper than the Borla Atak muffler, maybe it's due to the bigger pipes (3 vs 2.5). Now I'm off to get a dyno tune next week and see what gains I get. My baseline was 383 at the wheels.
Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger / Alky Meth Injection / Lingenfelter GT12 Cam / Kooks LT Headers, 3 inch exhaust & QTP electric cut outs / Monster LT1-S Twin Disc Clutch / MGW flat blade short throw shifter / Haltech CAI / VMax Throttle Body / DSS Stage 3 axles/ BMR Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Suspension Bushing and 1" lowering springs / Taylor 8MM Plug Wires / Tuned by Henderson Performance Technologies / EBC dimpled and sloted rotors / G2 Painted Calipers / GM Tower Strut Brace / ZL1 Factory Rep Wheels
satxrider is offline   Reply With Quote