View Single Post
Old 11-16-2014, 12:23 PM   #28
DDJ-SX-SS

Drives: 2012 L99 2SS/RS
Ok heres what happened.
First the track sucked, unlike the first time we went, when it was limited the street driven cars and bikes only for a mere $10 to race and we were able to run more than ten times and choose who we wanted to run. Friday night not only had street cars and street bikes but also race cars race bikes and junior dragsters and they charge you $22 to run.

It was packed with both street cars and a crap load race stuff. Since a lot of the race cars were bubba built home made specials, they had one break every three runs shutting down the track for clean up.
Due to all the of this we were there for hours, only got to run twice and never got to line up because of how the lanes were moving.

Personally I don't care about race cars, junior dragsters or race bikes.
I like seeing normal full interior street cars people drive everyday going at and what can be achieved with these cars. To me it's more interesting and impressive than something that arrives on a trailer, is stripped out and could never be street driven like a normal car.
Sorry for the rant.

But I do have our best times.
To recap my buddy has the less powerful version of the 2010 C63 AMG, the 451hp version not the optional 481hp version with the SLS internals in retuned ECU as I first thought.
His best time was a 13.0 at 110mph with some wheel spin. His best trap was on the run he ran 13.1, he trapped at 111mph.

I ran slower than my first time out, but like a dummy I forgot I was going racing when I went to the pump the day before, so I arrived at the track with a almost completely full tank.
Lol not my night, first run I forgot to turn my traction control off and ran a crappy 13.7 at 104.5 mph.
Second run was a little better, 13.6 at 105.6 mph. Not as good as the 13.4 at 106mph I ran last time.

Being Florida even though it was cool, there was still a lot of moisture in the air that night, unlike the last when the air was both cool and dry. I don't know how much a factor that plays.

In short we blew $22 to run twice and watch beater race cars spill oil parts and trans fluid over the track all night. Will save my $$ and stay away from OSW until their monthly street car only nights from now on.

Last edited by DDJ-SX-SS; 11-16-2014 at 01:33 PM.
DDJ-SX-SS is offline   Reply With Quote