View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 05:26 PM   #23
BobSmith

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
I just tried to install one of these and ran into an issue. The radio works and sounds great. But for the most part, the touch screens of the Scosche are non responsive and options are missing. Most of the areas of the touch screens do not respond to touch. The Lock/Unlock buttons are missing as well as the heated seats buttons.
I think all your problems are caused by the touch not working properly.
The missing buttons just need to be turned on in the installer menu, but your not going to be able to do that if the touch isn't working.

Quote:
I have to press extremely hard to get the temperature to go up or down or to change fan speed. If I select the windshield defroster, the fans immediately go to full speed and full heat. If I try to lower the temperature or change the fan speed, it either does nothing, or immediately goes to the lowest fan speed, turns off the defroster and the temperature drops to the middle setting.
The windshield defrost button is activating a program to clear the windshield as quickly as possible. When you try to change anything, the ITC cancels the program and restores your previous settings. Air can be directed to just windshield without changing the fan speed or temperature by cycling through the air directions on the left screen.

Quote:
If I select the rear defroster, it will sometimes turn on, but I can't get it to turn back off.

The menu, power, max a/c and recirculate buttons don't function at all.
I've noticed in the video that when you can't operate a function, the ITC doesn't beep, so it's not seeing the press.

I've just tried it on mine and the only way I can stop the touch screen from working is to press and hold my finger on one of the screens somewhere where there isn't a button.
Try removing the display from the fascia and then trying it, just in case it's something as simple as the fascia touching a screen around the edge.
BobSmith is offline   Reply With Quote