View Single Post
Old 06-25-2018, 01:13 PM   #5450
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JhonnyGTR View Post
How About All those Above?

Well in Reallity it's sad for me because is the Death of such Iconic Car for me as an Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
I would be sad myself about the Impala's demise, but in light of the SUV, CUV craze, I'm surprised it has lasted this long. I bought a '17 Impala, it was the roomiest, best sale priced that was a good fit for me. They still make an '18, so get one while you can. The platform is getting old, but at one time was good enough for Cadillac...lol...and it tellingly did not get a refresh like the Cruze and Malibu did.

The Malibu may grow in size, but for now the end of the Impala will mean the end of the V-6 in a passenger sedan and the end of the largest passenger room, etc. in an affordable Chevy. You'll need to spend way more for a Cadillac to get similar dimensions and performance once the Impala is gone. But, I can't argue against trends and customer preferences....
Not to worry though, it may return again at some point as a rebadged Cadillac, or perhaps they have plans for the Impala nameplate as another CUV of some kind...lol.
Maybe GM will refresh the Impala & continue running it, as long as sales are maintained, similar to what was done with the 9th generation.
The difference between the Epsilon II & P2XX platforms is considerable though, so at this point my money would be spent on a LaCrosse.