View Single Post
Old 02-09-2015, 09:07 AM   #5
spadz93
BUMBL Z

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by baum View Post
compustar is a great product. they were the pioneer of the remote start for manual trans cars. however back in the day (about 12 years ago) it was a true mile range. i could start mine across a mall. now days not so much.

question-- since you have a '15 what type of key did they give you? was it the switch blade bey or was it one that had the "recall" preformed where the key and remote are separate? if you have the separate one it wont be bad. if you have the switch blade it will get to be big and bulky in your pocket.

a couple options:
1. get their "slice" remote where its a simple 1 button 2. use compustar drone system and use the smart phone app. that way range doesnt matter since it uses cell phone towers. IMO in my camaro i would use both together the slice remote for short range and the app for long range.

on a side note just remember the alarm is only as good as the install itself. meaning you can take a cheap china/ebay alarm and have a good install and have no issues or you can take a $1000 alarm with a bad install and have lots of issues.
basically what he said. if you didnt get the key/fob combo, then chevy might recall your keys and you could go separate if you wanted to
Current: 2015 ZL1 M6, Rotofab Intake, LS3 throttle body, 2.55 Upper/9.17 Lower w/ Idler Relocation, DMS Reinforced Brick, ID1050X, 1 7/8" Headers, ProSpeed HX/Reservoir, DSX Aux Pump/Flex Fuel Sensor, E85, McLeod RXT, BMR 1" Drop, Tuned by Pat G
Past: 2010 2SS, some bolt ons, 415rwhp/400rwtq

spadz93 is offline   Reply With Quote