View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 09:35 PM   #1
TheShooter
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Charger Hellcat
I'm buying a ZL1-1LE, but....

The ZL1 is the first car to turn my head since buying my Hellcat Charger.

But!

I'm always surprised at how car companies rarely see the bigger picture for better sales.

When I went to look at a new Lambo Hurican and found that I'm too tall for it, the manager said it was the number #1 reason for losing sales. He also said that the complaints about that had been going on for years, but the company wasn't bright enough to design a cockpit like Porsche does. No Lambo for me!

So lest you think I'm some sort of class warrior, I've got complaints for these goofy car companies with their strange packages and inability to offer a car a certain way.

Enter the ZL1-1LE and ZL1

1) No A10 tranny.
After talking with two dealers, I now know that my opinion of this goofery is shared by many. There are a TON of reasons why the 1LE should allow an A10 option and really NO reason to leave it off. 14 lbs is NOT enough of a weight savings. Virtually everyone I speak to wishes they could have the A10, at least as an option.

2) ZL1 has no options for aero package.
Huh? Why not? The aero package would be useful on a regular ZL1 via downforce. Those interested in having a slightly faster car could skip it. Others might prefer the looks of the aero package. Adding the aero to a ZL1 looks to be a PIA and expensive.

3) Back seats.
A few tweaks could have made better back seats. I spoke with a fellow at Chevy who said the failure to create more room with a better seat design had to do with COSTS. Oh boy. I would have happily paid more.

4) Steering wheel.
It's awful. Was something wrong with leather? The wheel feels like a frozen plush toy and it will absorb oil from hands fast.

So...waiting out the holidays and hoping these guys tweak things and offer a bit more versatility in the packages.

R.
TheShooter is offline   Reply With Quote