View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 10:10 PM   #20
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
I hope this doesn’t violate forum rules. The story is funny as hell....to me at least. We’ll see what you guys think. I’m out this evening running an errand. On one road there was a guy in what was apparently his new Challenger 5.7 R/T. He was driving like a dick, to put it mildly. Swerving in and out of lanes to get to where he would be first at a light, then launching hard from the light. The way this road was timed, there were a lot of lights.

Finally, he winds up next to me at a light. Light changes, I floor it and shock the bejeebers out of him. I wasn’t driving my Camaro. I was driving a BMW i3s electric car that I’ve had as a press car this weekend. That thing is freaky fast 0 - 40. Think Tesla Model S lined up with a Demon, only the i3 is way more dorky looking than a Model S. But the result was the same. Surprise and humiliation.
I drove a coworker’s i3 in Germany. I was very impressed with its power while driving in the city (with three!) but it was a soulless experience. Cold and without emotion. It would be an adjustment.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote