View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 09:04 AM   #28
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickfromMD View Post
I have been wondering the same thing. My dealer told me today your fine, just come in next week and place your deposit. But it seems to me, getting my order into the system hours before the other guy might translate into weeks earlier when the car arrives? Is it going to be a mad dash on Monday to get orders in as soon as possible so the I can get delivery in March? If my dealer has an allotment of 21, do I need to be in the 1st 4 or so to get in the 1st 30 -45 days of deliveries? Thoughts?
One other problem I have is I’m still in between a couple different colors/ strip combinations. Can I place the order now and firm that part up later?
Thoughts anyone?
That answer is YES. Keep in mind I base my opinion in what I read here and on other Camaro forums. You can change your order right up until December when the final production requisitions are given to the assembly line. Do you have to be at your dealer's with coffee at 4am on Monday? Probably not. If you already have a "waiting line" spot at your dealer, that's how he/she is going to enter the orders anyways.

I WOULD GUESS that even though a dealer with a 2 car allocation places his pre-order at 9:01 am, if I was 1st on the list at my dealer who's getting 63 and my pre-order was placed at 4:59 pm, ultimately my actual order will be built first. Remember these are pre-orders; how and when Chevy prioritizes them is up to Chevy. In addition, I would think that the pre-order system will also give Chevy the opportunity to shift the 2nd production run towards the "smaller allocation" dealerships that actually got many more than expected pre-orders. My expectation is that orders will be filled faster than expected; I understand why Chevy wouldn't want to give you a delivery date and miss it. These numbers have to be conservative.
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote