View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 10:14 AM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 LS Supercar View Post
Well was going down the road a bit faster than normal this morning and i noticed at about 75 there was a low high pitched whine and at 80 it was real noticeable even with the radio on. It seems to be coming from the front right (passenger) side. The noise is present if i maintain the high speed or gets louder when i accelerate faster. But if i let off the throttle at all it goes away. Also i checked to see if the sound was there in a different gear at the same engine RPM's but i did not notice the sound. So far i have installed a CAI+scoop, ported throttle, Catch Can and MGW shifter. I have heard sometimes the catch cans can make strange noises. And i know i can hear more transmission noise after i installed my shifter im going to try and rearange the insulation to see it that helps. But any suggestions before i take it in to get it looked at?
I'm sorry to hear of the noise(s) you're hearing while the vehicle is in motion. I'm sure that's a irritating occurrence. I understand your desire to field opinions prior a dealership visit, but please let me know if you plan to take it in. I can schedule the appointment for you and monitor the process. Feel free to PM me in these matters anytime.

Best regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care