View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 10:35 AM   #17
CyberPredator
50 Shades of Prey

Drives: TT/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyrine View Post
Alright C5, I'm looking into a twin turbo kit for my 11' SS and I've come across QUITE the steal.

http://www.phastekperformance.com/20...twin-turbo.htm

Apparently, this company for the low price (seems low to me) of $8999, will send you a complete Twin turbo kit, capable of producing up to 1000hp on pump gas.

Alright, so what's the catch I'm stuck up on? It claims its BOLT ON with, get this, NO need to change the stock internals.

Now unless I'm missing something, the only thing I know that can actually be bolted on is the E-Force supercharger, and even those can cause little issues. I mean I know the LSX family is built EXTREMELY well...But 1000hp on pump gas and stock internals?

Is this too good to be true? does anyone have experience with them? Am I asking too many questions?

And I'll ask now since I think I know how this TT kit is going to end up, does anyone here know of a site where I can order a really good TT kit? Doesn't need insane HP and TQ seeing as I REALLY don't want to change stock internals. And I mean REALLY don't want too.

Once again, thank you in advance for the help I'm sure you'll provide.
I actually have this kit. I didn't buy it from phastek though.(straight from IPS) the kit is rated for 1000whp but the way it comes running 8.5psi spring it makes around 660 on a 6sp car and that's probably where you should leave it unless you do forged internals. I actually ordered mine and asked for 6psi springs. Made 589 @6psi I didn't want to push the engine so hard. Then I got a Eboost2 to have the ability to adjust. I was missing some coolant lines when I received the kit May 2011 I called them and they sent it to me no questions asked. 18000 miles no issues with the kit.