View Single Post
Old 06-02-2021, 03:46 PM   #1
Scooter18155

Drives: 2010 ss/rs 6 speed manual
Carpet and flooring questions

Ok I’m getting a set of recaros for my car this weekend. While I got seats out I intend on taking the center console out maybe removing the carpet doing some serious cleaning. My oem carpet is 11-12 years old now and is starting to show it’s age etc. (probably a decent carpet shampoo cleaner would bring it back nicely) however I am considering just simply replacing it or even just eliminating it for wieght savings. My question is mostly the metal floor and what should I do to it to clean it up coat it for future protection with or without carpet? I was thinking of coating it with like Berliner leaving the carpet out and calling it good but I Aldo wonder if paint would be better suited less of a hassle. So what do you guys think? Paint or Bedliner? Carpet or no carpet? Any pros/cons to either? Just looking for a little feedback to see if there’s any concerns I may be unaware of or not thinking of before I commit to something.
2010 camaro ss/rs, standard 6 speed, ls3 motor, bmr subframe connectors, jba 3” competition Exhaust, stainless works 1 7/8" headers, adm cold air intake, hurst short throw shifter, bo white ported tb, mishimoto aluminum radiator, mishimoto oil cooler.
Scooter18155 is offline   Reply With Quote