Thread: M6 / A6
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 08:21 PM   #12
cam99

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider2 View Post
Thank you Camm99. I have the A6 in my SS, and in sport mode it's good, but when I tap shift the slight pause between when I hit the tap to the tranny actually changing gears bugs the sheet out of me. The traffic thing is exactly why I went with the A6 in the SS. I am not sold on M6 being the best or A6, I just have more options here with A6 than M6 but I can't stand the lag my A6 tap produces and I haven't had the chance to test drive the ZL1 with the A6 yet.
You should definitely test drive an A6 Zl1. I find the lags on shift annoying also on my car, but if it was improved it might be better than what you are experiencing now. I honestly use the paddles just to play around with. Whats awesome is once you start driving aggressive the transmission goes into beast mode and will rev match downshift when you jam on the brakes to keep the revs up and holds gears before upshifting. then when you start driving normal again it will go back to normal mode. Pretty amazing work from GM on that one, extremely impressive. If you decide to get a tune it makes the tranny even more impressive. I cut 1.59-1.61's all day long on drag radials with stock stall and stock gears and will almost snap your neck on upshifts going down the track.

2012 ZL1 (sold)
JRE 75rwhp kit
catless
ported lsa TB

11.04 @ 128.35
on hoosier drs and skinnies
@ PRP with 1100DA
cam99 is offline   Reply With Quote