Thread: nw102 issues
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 07:18 AM   #669
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
I just finished reading this thread from page 1 to 27. 13 months worth. Obviously this has been an issue for some time. NW offered full refunds to everyone with a modded TB or the last version, did anyone get that refund? It also appears that Nick's last comment on here was in December, 6 months ago. Sorry, but I don't wait that long for something that (might) work. Unless I missed something, what is the big deal about a NW TB in the first place? Does he claim more HP over others? Is it lower price? If it's price, I would gladly pay someone else more for a product that works reliably than what some of you have dealt with and paid for and races lost because of something that didn't work and apparently has no fix.

I haven't searched the internet for 102 TB's so don't know what is out there other than what is discussed in this thread. I am doing my research for buying a blower later this year and will be close to the HP range where everyone seems to have trouble. It's amazing to me the issue is not 100% settled. I would think someone out there would be able to make the TB's compatible with the electronics or possible put a damper on the butterfly that would help control the flutter that seems to be the problem. A dampener weight should give it more density and less flutter resulting in less voltage change causing REP. Has this been considered?

Is there a difference in weight or thickness of the butterfly that may make one work where another fails? Maybe it isn't all in the tune or which way it opens or the amount of vacuum behind it?