View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 08:50 AM   #13
FASST 1

Drives: Black 1SS
Shooter, I can definitely relate! I also had a bad experience dealing with Late Model Speed. I am not out as much money as you are but I experienced many of the same problems you did. I had a Harrop supercharger installed. The install was so badly done that that I am still trying to correct the issues after over a month. First, the car was delivered over a month late. I can not tell you how many excuses I was given as to why I had to wait to get my car back. I never once was called to tell me how the work was going or that there would be a delay with the delivery. I had to call and then get bitched at for bothering him! When I finally did get my car back I could not believe it!

1. The front fenders were scratched from not enough protection. Some scratches were through the paint!
2. The traction control and stabiltract would not turn on. I had to have the dealer reset it. How does installing a supercharger mess with that?
3. Without my permission my headers were removed and a stock exhaust installed so he could develop a tune for other stock cars with a Harrop. When the headers were replaced it was not done right and the exhaust was hitting against the car when I went over a bump.
4. I paid to have my New Era CAI modified to fit the SC. It was not even on the car when it was delivered – a month late! It was later mailed and does not fit right.
5. Two hoses on the supercharger were kinked. Three hoses were rubbing against the belt and got damaged.
6. A hose fitting on the valve cover was missing.
7. A hose shifted and before I caught it and a hose clamp rubbed a grove in my belt.
8. The tune was so bad I had to have someone else retune the car. I did call Late Model Speed about the tune. I was told he would be in the area and had made adjustments to the tune and would install a new tune on my car. When I emailed him to confirm he never returned my email or contacted me.

I will post some photos document what I have said.

I was a member on this Forum long before this problem. In fact, it is through C5 that I learned about Late Model Speed. I am not sure that anyone with a BBB F rating should be a sponsor and hopefully no one else will have to go through what Shooter 1 and I have had to go through.
Attached Images

FASST 1 is offline   Reply With Quote