View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 03:53 PM   #42
ayousef

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
He may not have proof, but I do. I log IATs with my Aerforce Gauge, and I am constantly at 2-4 degrees above ambient with my Vortech.

Good for you for owning everything. If you are buying the 4.0 Whipple just to say you have it, then go ahead. If you want to do it the right way, there are much better options.

so you're saying Whipple's are a bad way of making power? or would all Positive Displacement blowers be a really bad way of making power since Whipple's are the most efficient of the bunch?

Now when we talk about IAT's no one cares what your intake air temps are while cruising around, show us how they look like when you step on it.

Vortech's are awesome dont get me wrong, my vortech z06 was insanely quick. Centrifugals also work really good on higher compression motors, and especially stock motors because they boost by RPM, so you only see full boost at redline.

PD blowers put alot of stress on the engine but make an insane amount of low-end torque, and would probably be in full boost at around 3500rpms. 800rwtq does feel nice at 3000rpms.

Also, this is a no expense spared build, were using the biggest heatexchanger, high flowing intercooler pump, large intercooler fluid reservoir tank etc...
ayousef is offline   Reply With Quote