View Single Post
Old 09-13-2014, 10:00 PM   #34
ZL12013

Drives: 2013 ZL1 & 2005 F150
I been having the same problem with the finish wearing off, GM replaced 2 wheels and basically said that was it, one of the replacement wheels are doing the same thing. I had a dealer try to tell me it was imbedded brake dust, the car is not a daily driver and the wheels are cleaned weekly with soap and water.

I decided to have the wheels refinished and enjoy life, also going to buy a good quality set of non factory wheels to run most of the time, it sucks that a 1100 dollar wheel has such a poor finish but that is how GM wants to represent itself.

No need to comment William, been there and done that, I'm done with trying to convince GM to do the right thing. A small refresher for William you set up an appointment with a dealer to look at the wheel and when I took the car to the dealer the service manager was off and they had no idea what I was there for, a waisted day off from work, I took off so I could wash the wheels so they could easily be inspected, service advisor wanted me to reschedule to check my "tires" totally clueless.