View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 08:16 PM   #1
Big Brunsy

Drives: 2010 supercharged LS3
so...Got my car towed today

Was driving down the road on my way back from my buddies wedding, when I look in my mirror and see a State Patrolman behind me with his lights on. I proceed to pull off of the road, put my windows down and wait for him with my hands on the steering wheel. He comes up to my window to tell me he pulled me over for speeding and tinted windows, the whole time staring at my pistol which was laying where most people have their 4pk guage cluster (long drive, didn't want to keep it in my holster). He asked me if I had a CCW which I responded yes and then had my gf step out of the car and told me to keep my hands on the wheel. He took my gun out of the car and put it in his pocket, which I didn't think was a big deal. I went back to his car, and he asked me if there were any other weapons or drugs in the car, to which I said no. I got 2 tickets for tinted windows (I figured that was coming, and didn't upset me because I knew the law and chose not to obey it) and a warning for 62 in a 55. What I never saw coming was when asked me if I wanted him to tow my car. I said not especially because I had to get home so I could get to work tonight. I said i'd go to wal-mart, buy a razor and take it off right now. He said he didn't care what i did, he was having my car towed because it's an "unsafe vehicle". He called dispatch and had them send a tow truck.

He then got out of his patrol car, and without ever saying a word to me about it, began to search my car. I'm not 100% sure but don't they either have to have your permission or a Warrant? After searching my car he took my pistol, completely broke it down, took all of the rounds out of the clip, and threw it all in my suitcase. I'm not quite sure why he did that when I was perfectly leagal to have the firearm? No other officer has ever done that before.

So all in all I got 2 tint tickets at 127.50 ea and a towing bill for 150.80. The tow truck driver said the same cop did the same thing to their tow truck a couple weeks earlier because it had tinted windows. Going to call the post commander and inquire why my car was searched, why my car was towed, and why my firearm was broken down and stuffed in my luggage. Who knows, maybe I'll get them to pay for my towing bill.

To top of my wonderful day, I was late for work because of the 2 hour ordeal.

I'm never going to another wedding as long as I live.