View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 07:22 AM   #207
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushing_Tin View Post
I honestly don't think that "joe public" will/would be as patient and forgiving as most of you are.
I don't think Joe Public will notice -- and if he does, he'll assume that it's a designed-in part of the car, not a duct tape fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
My first impression was they are heat sinks, but they don't look like aluminum. Can one of the owners rule out aluminum as the material?
The job of a heat sink is to absorb and radiate heat. Heat sinks have as much surface area as possible.

What's on the Camaro brakes is thick and has little surface area. It can absorb and store heat but it can't radiate heat any better than the caliper already could on its own. It just doesn't add a significant amount of surface area. If they are there for heat at all, they are there as thermal ballast (as I joked earlier in the thread). I can't imagine a reason to need to store heat on the caliper but that's what those can do with heat.

Whatever they are, I'd rather have a Camaro with them than no Camaro. I wish I could have a Camaro. Can someone please buy me a Camaro? Pretty please?
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote