View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 07:37 AM   #1
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Drives: 2019 OC 1SS/1LE
In a dilemma, suggestions?

Alright here's what I am debating about currently...

I am about 2 seconds away from ordering the MPD1 Z/28 hood for my car. As of now the engine compartment is completely stock and this hood is designed for a CAI.

I don't currently have enough funds to purchase the hood + shipping + CAI + paint for the hood.

I was going to get the heritage grill soon as well, but decided I really don't like it as much on a V6 front fascia. Should I hold off on the hood until I can get the CAI or should I just get the hood and purchase the CAI a month or so down the road? What are your suggestions.

If you're not firmiliar with the hood it has a spot cut out for the CAI and the CAI has the top cut out and a rubber sealer that goes around the hood hole to make a good fit.

Here's what I mean (these are Yorgy's pictures of his hood and engine V8, it'll be the same setup on my V6)

I'm not going for engine upgrades really as I love the V6 gas mileage and there aren't many Camaros where I live so I just want it to stand out more than it already does.

Figured I'd throw that in there for the people that decide to tell me to just get a V8 or something, haha. Thanks again! Looking forward to your suggestions!

Here is the hood picture as well. (BSX_Camaro's car)
MackMan is offline   Reply With Quote