View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 03:35 PM   #20
JosefJamesRS

Drives: 2011 LT1 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13BRM2SSRS View Post
I purchased a complete set of OEM GFX painted black from a member on this forum back in 2014 for like $900 it was a great deal! Installed them myself per GM instructions. You do drill multiple holes across the entire front bumper that would be very visible if removed (12 holes sounds right). The side can easily be removed without and issues just reinstall the factory standard side skirts. The rear does not have any new holes drilled however permanent tape is used across the top of entire piece. Care would need to be taken to remove it without damaging the car / rear bumper. Once removed you would need to reinstall the standard lower bumper piece and correct the exhaust tips length. Hope this helps!
Thank you so much, you have been very helpful along with everyone else who has given input on this. I think I've come to the conclusion that I may want to do a bumper conversion (V6 to V8) if I'm going to need a new bumper anyway. By any chance do you know if anyone on this forum would even be possibly interested in doing a clean trade for my V6 Bumper along with Ground effects package, or does that sound like too much for a single person to do? (I would much rather just have a clean 1 time transaction). Thank you again.
JosefJamesRS is offline   Reply With Quote