View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 01:08 AM   #4
ColdCamaroSS

Drives: 1
Those are the main instructions I used. I used 5/16 oak dowel rod instead of the steel lifter tool they recommend, the lifters stayed up in their trays but it worked great as a safety precaution. The harmonic balancer was a pain in the arse but just make sure you take your time and follow the directions. They don't tell you to check your lifter preload in the howto but it was highly recommended by my vendor. It's easy to do just ask when your near that step.

As for the tensioner, I've read various threads on multiple boards about the the current design. I'm probably mistaken but I believe it is used in all the current GM V8 applications and has failed both as stock (single bolt cam) and with a 3-bolt cam (supposedly due to a pitch change on the gear).

I guess I'm gonna gamble because it looked great when I changed the cam and I'm sure plenty of 3-bolt cam changes are out there with the same setup without any problem.

Good luck and if you haven't found a vendor/tuner, give Jannetty Racing a call..great people and excellent customer service!

Last edited by ColdCamaroSS; 06-04-2010 at 01:17 AM. Reason: spelling
ColdCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote