View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 03:43 PM   #13
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerF View Post
9) Teacher, cop, and military salaries. Pay these people who are the absolute BACKBONE of your society, please.

13) Professional athletes (especially baseball and basketball). Give me a break about your money woes. Go on strike because $20 million dollars a year isn't enough? Kiss my ass.
I can't say for everywhere, but imo teachers make a pretty good amount of money. Don't forget they have summers off... They don't even work a full year for that money. I just read that teachers at my local HS will be starting at $50,000 a year. That's PLENTY for a job that works 9 months a year. More than enough imo. I can't comment on Officer or Military salaries since I don't know what they make in NJ. But NJ DOES have the highest paid Corrections Officers in the nation I know.

I completely agree with the athlete thing. They are SEVERELY OVERPAID. I'd rather the Dr. that may save my life get paid that money than some guy that knows how to catch/run/hit/kick a ball... Yep, I hate sports if you couldn't tell. LOL
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote