View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 03:40 AM   #10474
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbean View Post
There seems to be an overiding consensus, that the only merit that the Shelby GT500's prodigious horsepower is applicapable to,is giggly burn outs, and 0-60 racing in the high school parking lot.
Check out Car and Driver's 2/2011 issue,where they take 20 of the fastest 2011 cars to Virginia International Raceway and rank them on a real track.
The Shelby came in seventh,the Cadillac CTSV came in eighth.
Having owned two Camaros,a 2010 and a 2011,both 2SS/Rs,one stick and one auto,and also having owned 2 GT500s,2008 and 2011,unless you drive the cars you will never get it.
When you buy a Camaro,your first post will be,"what mod should I do first?"When you buy a Shelby, you just go out and enjoy it.
1 skip shift eliminator
2 short throw shifter
3 cold air intake
4 sway bars / all the way up to full Peddars
5 engine tuner/dyno tune
6 footwell lights
7 aftermarket nav
8 upgrade wheels and tires
The Shelby thrives in the real world,and you don't have to tinker around with it.I have no problem leaving 2 black tire marks ,which brings me to ....
9 rework limited slip to engage both rear wheels.
10 high performance headers up to complete exhaust
11 remove or paint bowties
By the time you add up ,all you have spent on mods,the price difference is not so big,and if you really want to pump up some power on a supercharged motor, it's easy and cheap.
The engine in the 2011 Shelby is essentially a wet sump Ford GT engine.Adding another 50 hp would be simply adjusting the tune.

Excuse my chinese, but wtf?