Thread: Recall Keys
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 04:37 PM   #1
Wabbit

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS SIM/Grey lnt/Sun/Nav
Recall Keys

After calling a couple of dealers (between Puyallup and Marysville) about the recall keys, I learned a couple of interesting things.

Most of the dealers in the area will order the keys based on your VIN. The only dealer that has the key cutting machine that I have found in the area is Roy Robinson in Marysville. So, if you want to do the recall quickly, you can go there (weekdays only) to get your keys cut.

Now the disturbing part. After talking to eight different dealers, three have said they will perform the recall regardless of the customers wishes. You might want to verify with your dealer that you do not want your keys broken before you take it in for service. (Sounds like they would have to order the keys regardless) Some have said they send out for the keys to be cut locally, so you might still get the shaft on the recall.

Be careful when you take your car in for service, you may not get your key back in one piece. I have thought about getting a spare key cut, so I give the dealer the spare and not the switchblade. This is what started the hunt.

BTW: I will not say what dealers gave me which answer.
Ambient Lighting - Saving my $$$ now

Last edited by Wabbit; 07-25-2014 at 05:43 PM.
Wabbit is offline   Reply With Quote