View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 06:02 PM   #1
NoeJeko
Camaro Noob

Drives: 2012 Corvette GS & 2012 CTS-V
New Camaro Owner in NorCal

I didn't see a specific forum for introductions so I defaulted to the regional forums. Apologies in advance if this is the wrong place; I know how mad regulars get when that happens on forums

I'm Paul, from San Jose, and I've had my Victory Red 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS for 7 days now. I've been a long time fan of Camaros/Corvettes but I've never made enough to afford one. I was active duty air force for 6 years before moving to California and there's no way I could afford one on staff sergeant pay! I've never had more fun driving a car; my previous ride was a 2007 Ford Taurus and it's like moving from a Cessna to an F-16. I haven't seen another red Camaro SS in the bay area -- so if you catch one in San Jose, Redwood, or US 101 inbetween it's likely me.

By day I'm a web architect working in Redwood City and I do web community consulting on the side. I run a rather successful MMO game community (which I'll not link, if you're interested in learning more just PM me) as another side project.

I came across Camaro5 researching issues with the car before I bought it. Being the first year of production I expected them to have a few kinks to work out and was pleasantly surprised at the lack thereof. I'm glad to see GM returning to quality, desirable vehicles and hope the SS will stay with me for quite some time.

Once I recover a bit of cash from the purchase I want to start modding the engine and racing. The closest place I can find is Infineon Speedway -- if anyone knows of a drag strip closer than that please let me know. I've only been in Cali for about a year and a half so I still don't know where anything is

Anyway, if you read this far then cheers, it was a rather lengthy introduction!
NoeJeko is offline   Reply With Quote