View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 12:53 AM   #69
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
I think Texas would be good; there's a lot of performance car companies there and it's reasonably located for both coasts. I couldn't go to the fest because it was just too far; couldn't get that much time off from work. 6 days of driving and about $2,000 in gas just to get there and back was just too much for a couple days of activity.

And population density doesn't really matter as much as Camaro owner density, and even more specifically Camaro5 member density. There are a LOT of us out west. You could easily see a 200-300 car caravan coming from California. It would be like a rolling fest all by itself lol. Gas stations and restaurants along the way would think they'd died and gone to retail sales heaven.

And make it a 3 day event at least; even a 4 day. Even though I wasn't able to go I was just amazed at how fast those 2 days went by when I was haunting the forum reading the updates and looking at the photos people posted. I can imagine how fast it must have felt to have gone by if you were there. All that build up and hype for 6 months then it seemed like a couple of blinks of an eye and it was over; just like that.

I know it's more for the organizers to do but it might help to break up the track days into 2 separate days with that many cars; have one day be a vendor, modders, show car day; then the last day for bbq, drinks, socializing and just hangin out with each other. Give everybody a chance to meet each other without having to go anywhere to do anything that day other than just socialize.

Just my 2 cents on it.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM