View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 03:06 PM   #115
Vega

Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
Bahahahaha! love the speculation and the pipe dreams...Fact is that the Z28 will come at some point. But will it be a factory answer to the GT500 is still up in the air. So much depends on the current status of the ZR1 and Z06 whose sales have been lagging and the ability to spark sales with the Stingray. And lets be realistic. How many Z28 will sell a year... 25K if they are lucky and more than likely less than half of that. With aftermarket goodies available and they normal Camaro enthusiest behind the wrench there is not much need for a pumped up model that will cost millions to place into production. I for one will have already modified my 2SS well beyond whatever factory specs the Z28 comes out with and will have no reason to upgrade/downgrade in 2012. And if you really want to spend 55K on your Camaro go have one built instead of chomping on Chevy about what they should or should not be doing...Drive fast and prosper.....
But you gotta remember the ZR1 isnt meant to be mass produced and the current generation of Vette is so outdated and over-shadowed by the Camaro that sales are bound to lag. I do think once the new generation of Vette comes out, as long as they can get away from their "creepy old rich guy" image the Corvette has attained, it will definatly rejuvinate the Corvette Namesake.

As for the Z/28 i think more people would be buying it just for the name and heritage alone than the performance capabilities. And for all who just went "oh thats BS, you're so full of it" just stop and ask yourself why you didnt go buy a G8 instead?? Its the exact same thing as the new Camaro just with 4-doors. But no, you bought the Camaro because its a heritage thing, its a baddass muscle car that sparks that fire in you and has that little rebellious edge we all long for. Its not just some run-of-the-mill family sedan with a big-ole' hurtin' V8 shoved in it. If you say "yeah i got a performance G8" it doesnt mean anything to anyone but if you say "i got a performance Camaro" people start to salivate. Which i think will be the basis for the Z/28, i think more people will buy it just because its not your average run-of-the-mill Camaro, and because its that heritage, when you say "Camaro" the first thing that flashes into your mind is that Z/28 logo, and judging by how GM has so perfectly sculpted the new Camaro around that idea, im sure they're going to hit a bullseye if they market the Z/28 the same way. If you ask me i bet 80% of the consumers out there would totally eat up the Z/28 if all GM did was drop an LS7 into a stock SS Camaro and re-badge it as Z/28. It'd only be about $3-$4k more than an SS instead of a rediculous $15 and people would go crazy over the fact that its got a bigger engine and better yet that legendary namesake badge. You'd basically sell the car on the heritage alone.
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote