View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 11:13 PM   #368
TT C6
Banned

Drives: C6, 96 383ci Z28 hardtop
Think for yourself, people. Do your own research.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx tahoe z71 View Post
demand was overwhelmingly for the TVS2300, not the 1900...
Obviously.
Demand is there because the 2300 is the better blower for a 6.2 liter engine.
Shops that are ordering these blowers already KNOW what they want, and why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrizzard View Post
From Magnusson-
The dyno confirmed what Jerry has been stating for years – “Run the smallest supercharger that will provide your target boost level. It will be more responsive (make boost sooner) and will require less horsepower to drive.”

Straight from the man himself.
I don't care WHO you are quoting.
The larger blower (2300) will run cooler and offer more expandability.
As far as smaller is better....maybe for a turbo.
But, positive displacement blowers (TVS) make boost off idle , so going larger is NOT going to make a huge difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidj View Post
you could save some hard earned money going with the 1900.
As far as the extra money...the 2300 cost $400 more than the 1900.
The 1900 comes stock on a $60,000 CTS-V. The 2300 comes stock on a $120,000 ZR1.
If you are sweating $400, forced induction (and modding in general) is NOT for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
there were lots of debates on other forums about the differences between 1900 and 2300 and my final understanding was, 2300 is more suited for larger displacements with forged bottom and will require 8 or 10 rib, where as for stock LS3 or even LS7, the 1900 produces better results, since it's more efficient for this level and you can still run your 6-rib system compared to 2300 that draws more power and you'll see belt slipping in high RPMs with 6-rib.
GM runs a 11 rib pulley system on their TVS 2300 (2009 ZR1) and it makes around 530rwhp.
You can easily make 530rwhp with a Camaro SS with addition of a TVS alone.(headers recommended)
So, a TVS 2300 should system should INCLUDE a wider pulley to begin with.

(By "debates on other forums", do you mean my threads being deleted and me being permanently banned because I posted FACTS like I have been?
Where are those a$$holes now that Magna CHOSE the 2300 for their Camaro system instead of the 1900?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
The only true test of performance is the results you see at the track.
Analyzing a vehicle's 1/4 mile timeslip (MPH) along with the trackside curb weight and density altitude is the ONLY way to determine the power it's truly making in my opinion.
Dynos are for tuning.

Last edited by TT C6; 05-13-2009 at 12:28 AM.
TT C6 is offline   Reply With Quote