View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 10:50 AM   #17
robertway

Drives: 2012 Challenger SRT8 Auto
I looked closer at mine last night and the passenger side I had no concerns about as it stands now since I am not lowered yet but on the driver side I did notice there was a wheel weight stuck on at the edge of the rim and it has a pretty sharp corner and when I rotated the wheel around to line the weight up with the ebrake line and it was too close for comfort. I noticed the ebrake line enters into a plastic "barrel" that sits in a clamp on the chassis, further in there is another barrel the line runs through before turning and heading toward the front of the car. Because I can't get the car on a lift until this weekend and didn't feel like jacking the car up and taking the wheels off to get in there, I was able to reach the inner barrel on both ebrake lines and pop them up out of their clamps, this released a ton of tension on the line coming out of the outer barrel and gave me another 3/4 inches of clearance from the inside edge of the rim and more notably the edge of the wheel weight as it passes by. Now I understand the inner clamp for the ebrake barrel is there to serve a purpose and I will go back in and secure the inner barrel once I get it up on a lift this weekend. I just couldn't wait to drive the friggin car anymore since it has been sitting in the garage since delivery two weeks ago!!!

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin

LS3 Camshaft Swap Do-It-Yourself Instructions - 2010 LS3 gone but not forgotten!!!
robertway is offline   Reply With Quote