View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 01:30 PM   #10
BlaqWhole

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
Sure, they could've wrung more sales out of the ZL1 1LE if they'd have offered an A10; however, they wanted to produce a true to it's roots, track car.

As Randy Pobst has stated on several occasions, "An automatic is quicker in the 1/4 mile, a standard is quicker on the track. A person can select the proper gearing better than a computer.".
If it was all about being faster then why even offer a V6-1LE or SS-1LE?? If they offered it with the A10, then (according to RP) the only car that could touch it or beat it would be the ZL1-1LE with the M6. So those statements are nonsense. Plus just because RP thinks he is better with the M6 trans does not mean that everyone on the planet would feel the same way. Me personally, I would rather let the computer select the gear and then I can just concentrate on the track or the road. If I come in even a full 3 seconds behind someone with a the M6 trans then that's fine with me. Who's to say I won't beat someone else who has the M6 trans. To me the whole "getting to the roots of performance" argument is getting more illogical and harder to justify. I'd rather hear them say it was to keep the costs within a certain range than tell me some BS story about performance. Plus...GTR.

2017 Challenger Hellcat M6 - Legmaker CAI - MM ported TB - Sprint Booster!!

Saving the world...1 hp at a time!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote