View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 03:29 PM   #1
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
NO Dealer sales people coming to help the guy who looked broke in a wheelchair

I thought I might share my car buying experience when I went to get my car.
I went to the dealer with cash to buy a new ZL1 and normally when I used to drive up and get out of my car I would be flooded with sales people trying to get my business.
I have purchased 4 or 5 cars from this same dealer in the past,but in 2005 I was crippled.Anyway I rode metrolift there which is a direct ride to a destination for the disabled.I had my helper with me who helped push me from across the street and half way across the lot and right pass where all the sales people wait in golf carts.
I video taped myself thinking it was going to be the same old buying a new car thing,but turned into me sitting in front of the ZL1 for what seemed forever,30mins and they were less than 30-40yards away,till finally someone came to help me who walked out of the sales floor,and passed the other salesman with their feet up talking to each other.
It sort of shows that the program "WHAT WOULD YOU DO" MAY HAVE SOMETHING TO IT AFTER ALL ,LOL.
I KNOW WE CAN SAY WELL MAY BE THEY DIDN'T SEE THE BROKE LOOKING CRIPPLE IN THE WHEELCHAIR IN SWEAT PANTS AND A $5.00 T-SHIRT WITH THE SWEET OLDER LADY PUSHING HIM,but we rolled less than 20feet in foot of them as we passed by.
I let it go and just played it off as nothing happened being there are so many other more important things going on in this world,but some may say why post it then.Well being a disabled vet,and it being it was close to sept 11 I thought I would do it anyway just in case any others have dealt with the same thing. I spent over three hrs with the salesman who was a pretty decent guy,but I just didnt feel I was getting a really good deal,even if it was a vert ZL1.
I ended up going else where and purchasing A 2013 Vert ZL1 that night from a dealer and saving about 10k for one that had a couple thousands miles on it.
I dont think the reason I was not getting any help was because I was in a wheelchair,I just think it came down to the fact I looked broke,lol. The whole point of this post is that even though some may say Man that sucks,and it shouldnt happen to the disabled,I believe it comes down to as i said early there are so many other more important things going on, we shouldnt get upset over ever little thing that happenes,because i have much more problems in life than that,and learn to just be focus on the good,like i have great kids,beautiful grand kids,and hey I got a ZL1 anyway
A foot note to all of this is that after I purchased my ZL1 I went to FASTLANE here in Houston on a rainy day and NICK the owner came outside and stood by my car in the rain for over 20 mins talking to me about mods for my car,and afterwards he and the guys pushed another car out racked my car spent some time checking it over and then dyno it all for free just to make sure it was alright since I purchased it used.He offered to do this without my asking.SO I will say this FASTLANE made up for what happened at the dealer ,and showed me what customer service is.Fastlane also matched any price on parts i found on other web sites,and had no Prob;em installing my own parts. Fastlane earned my business ,and after checking them out on Facebook(i follow it from his web site) reading what his other customers said is the reason my car is sitting in his shop now.I can also tell you Evan from DEp3 is a stand up guy,and that's why i purchased his HEX,and his res because he took the time to come out to my car,and provide good customer service Also.IT "Takes a Yrs to build a good reputation ,and only seconds to destroy it".

Last edited by gen=5; 09-25-2013 at 04:32 AM. Reason: footnote
gen=5 is offline   Reply With Quote