View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 08:35 AM   #8
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOFORTYZ View Post
I've done several tests/comparisons with a friendly late model 5.0. The results were shocking. From a roll every time, my car walked away by several car lengths or I just left him. Even when I filmed while shifting, I grabbed 20 feet per shift on top of the 1+ car lengths per gear. I think they Mustang driver was either an awful/average driver or had something wrong with the car. They were shifting a few mph too early and getting spanked because of it, I was shifting at roughly 6175 rpm, just a split second before the rev limiter comes in. On paper they should have won. To confirm, I am 100% sure the mustang was a GT and they were doing their best. Unknown transmission, unknown if any mods.

Out of about 10 well timed pulls, The only time it stayed next to me was when I let off to listen and verify they were actually at full throttle. Then I opened it back up and continued walking. I'm guessing he was high mileage, neglected, bad driver, and or automatic.

I drive a 2015 1SS with zero options besides floor mats. My best modification is the nut behind the wheel, your results may vary. I've yet to lose an acceleration comparison in this vehicle. Other mods are a pair of 20x9's up front (making my car slower), K&N drop in filter (no gains) and Hooker cat back (maybe 5 horsepower gained if that? Definitely raised the peak by a few hundred rpm due to X pipe).
Your car shouldn't be walking a new Mustang when stock. The new one is slightly slower then the old new one but either way.....the 5th gen struggles against those cars. The Mustang driver must have sucked haha.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote