View Single Post
Old 11-17-2018, 06:49 PM   #20
zlathim

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
***SOLVED!!***

I removed the passenger side header in order to get a better look at the wire loom pictured earlier. That loom ended up being fine, but I spotted something else after I could see around up there better:

BINGO!!

I knew it was something that I screwed up. Sometimes this Hot-Rodding business isn't all checkered flags and large breasted women. I pinched the edge of this loom between the block and the trans. I suspected something like this from the beginning, but I couldn't see anything wrong with any of the wire looms until I got the header off. Here it is after I got the loom cover removed to expose the wires:

I knew the grey wire with a black tracer goes to the CKP because I saw that color at the connector. The brown wire was also damaged, but not broken completely. I'n not sure what it is for, but i fixed it too. Due to the limited space involved I repaired the two damaged wires with those low temp solder/heat shrink butt connectors and some spare wire:

Then I wrapped it all back up with the loom cover and some tape:

I stopped taking pics at that point, but I also wrapped that loom with aluminum heat wrap tape and wrapped the starter with aluminum heat resistant material I got from NAPA.

After making sure the codes were cleared, I fired the car up and she roars like the beast I remember!! My son and I took the car for a drive and everything is as it should be. It is running great and no CEL or codes.

I had a feeling the whole time that I caused the issue, and I was right. Oh well, that's the way it goes sometimes. For the record, I've done dozens and dozens of clutch jobs on everything from honda cars to semi trucks. I'm not a newb, but I feel like one right now.
BMR cradle & diff bushings, trailing arms, toe rods & upper control arm bushings
Hotchkis sub-frame brace
Stop Tech Z-23 brakes
4.10 gears, Eaton Truetrac, LPW diff cover
Best 1/4 mile 12.073 @ 115.68 mph 3,300 ft DA
zlathim is offline   Reply With Quote