View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 07:20 AM   #13
0-60n4.6

Drives: 2006 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickcas View Post
I have owned all three domestic brands in trucks. I actually prefer the GMC Sierra. Basically a Silverado just a little bit nicer.
Be careful where your at you’re getting close to where that new 3.5 goes boom.
I have not owned all three domestics but I drove the Ram Reble, Silverado Z71 with 6.2l and the f150 5.0 as well as both ecoboosts. I did not really care for the Ram, it felt heavy and slow compared to the 6.2 Chevy and 3.5 Ford. The 6.2 Chevy had good power but it did not ride as well as the F150, it was not as smooth feeling to me. I settled on the 3.5 ecoboost because it felt the best on the road, it felt light and it’s acceleration even stock was really good. It also helped that Ford was nocking 10k off MSRP as soon as you walked on the lot which brought down the price tag to 46k. The Chevy was going to run 52k. I am really happy with my decision due to my experience with the performance capabilities with this truck. I’ve spent a little less than 2k and have reached some pretty good and safe power numbers. I do hate one thing on the new Fords though. The interior has too much cheap plastics that rattle and squeak. My truck has less than 9k miles on it and I’ve already wedged some black foam in two places to stop squeaks or rattles. In reality they all make pretty good products. I think I would have been happy if I would have purchased either one.
0-60n4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote