View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 08:35 PM   #38
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
My issue with the price simply isn't based on the price but, more about the subsequent costs associated with the spoiler after you get it. First, the one from the original thread doesn't come painted. I know the price you quote is $395 but with shipping it's $450. $450 for an unpainted spoiler is too much. I understand that there's more materials for this spoiler but, you can get a painted dovetail for around $250. More material = more money but, not $150-200 worth. One can argue about the time and money spent engineering the product but, that money was given to the company from the film they designed it for. So, all we're talking about is cost of materials and labor to produce. Then there is the matter of follow-up costs with the spoiler. $450 for the spoiler, shipped, but, now you have to get it painted. Conservatively, I'll say $125-$175. Also, now you've got to get the holes from the factory spoiler plugged up and painted since the firebreather spoiler doesn't use the same holes. That's another cost of $150-$200. Potentially, you're looking at a cost as high as $900 to complete the installation of this spoiler. That's what my issue with the price is.

As discussed, in this thread, I've made it clear that if these guys can put a PAINTED Firebreather-like spoiler out, that can use or at least seal/hide the factory holes, for around $400-$450, then that would be a reasonable price. There would be no additional painting cost or no additional cost for plugging holes and painting them to jack the entire project price towards the $1,000 mark. $450 is way better than $900.

Hopefully, that makes better sense. If the original guys offered it painted and with using the factory holes then they would have gotten a thumbs up from me. As it stands, I wish I had more hands to give them more thumbs down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyJester7 View Post
On the thread that I originally made that actually got the production company to make these spoliers was selling them at $395 and u got on it and started bashing them for the price. . . now ur saying this company is $45 cheaper and that makes it a fair and resonable price?

granted 45 bux is 45 bux and im not complaining about that but seriously im not following why u didnt like thier price.

anyways back on track im a +1 for interest in getting one!

I would of purchased from the other company but at the time i was moving out so it made me watch what i was spending so i was going to wait till christmas. . next thing u know they stop production. . . LAME
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote