View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 10:10 PM   #19
Matt @ RX

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8killer View Post
cool deal, if the 2 kits are making the same boost should they not run the same? I would rather have a cleaner look than not a clean look. How does hour car launch off the line?
Guys,I do not want to get involved in a thread started for another subject from the OP, but figured you would like some input.

The RX and IPF kits do use the same Vortech Si-Trim blower. We are actually starting to use the Paxton 1200-Trim blowers, which is the SAME blower as the Vortech just with a Paxton logo (Hint: Vortech = Paxton, Paxton = Vortech). The only reason for this change is because I am personally loyal to that brand having worked on the Paxton-side for a long time when I was with ECS (And yes we purchased Vortech YSi's for our upgrades), and I personally run the Paxton 2200 on my car. No other reason for the change but to just stay loyal to the Paxton namesake that has been in business since 1939.

More over than that, the systems do have design differences inherent with them just as numerous other S/C systems; A&A vs. ECS (In corvette world), Procharger than Vortech, and Magnacharger vs. Edelbrock! Choose for yourself which kit fits your needs, both have their own great points to them. The one thing that I can guarantee is, you will be HAPPY with your purchase of either!

Quote:
I am hoping this would stay a build thread for future FI section that way we see progress of the a build for once without the controversy of companies.
You will not be seeing anymore of these controversies. I believe that Todd and his staff can join us saying both kits are great... Of course all of us are partial to a particular kit

Ok back on subject

Last edited by Matt @ RX; 10-06-2012 at 10:31 PM.