View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 03:51 PM   #5
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Personally, I would go ahead with the CA dealer if you can secure at least 10 free oil changes, and "dealer cost" on some LPO add-ons or other parts you will likely buy from them. Basically, try to recoup the $2500 mark up as much as possible. Consider the after-purchase visits into account as well. It is not unusual that dealers are easier to work with on warranty and mod stuff and more willing to help out when you purchased your car from them. Consider the ease of the purchase transaction as well compared to buying from outta state. $2500 seems a lot but ultimately, if you gotta have it, you gotta have it and it makes you happy and can afford the mark-up, no biggie. When I ordered my 2010 Camaro in 2009, being in SoCal and wanted it asap, I paid the mark-up but got 10 free oil changes (though I paid for the 1st one at a different dealer), and other service and stuff to ease the pain a little.
I am in the same dilemna as you....$2500 mark up or wait in long waiting list. I decided to wait it out a bit and let the first waves of ownerships find out the bugs and problems on the first year production 5th Gen ZL1s. My 600rwhp SS will stay with me awhile yet.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote