View Single Post
Old 04-05-2018, 04:12 PM   #27
HYPER1LE

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE HBM
Today Jim Ellis Collision Center did the initial repair appraisal...$11,327.43 for parts, labor and paint. This is just the starting point. A supplemental will likely follow raising the overall cost. At my insistence, only new OEM parts will be used where necessary. Fortunately, my USAA appraiser (also present) didn’t give me a hard time since the car is less than 2 years old (build date 1/2017). The guy there overseeing and directing the repair, Larry Stidham, is calling for substantial disassembly (a good thing) so that when the car is painted it will be consistent with factory appearance and free of any tape lines or overspray (the only thing I’ll accept). The initial projected time to completion I’m told for now is 6 weeks ��. But, I’d rather it be done right as opposed to rushed. Part of the extended time is to allow the solvents in the paint to evaporate before my Xpeled panels can be redone. Finally, after it’s repaired, I will get it appraised to determine the fair, not necessarily the insurance offer, diminished value. Once it is all said and done, USAA will send GEICO (at-fault party’s insurance) the bill through subrogation.
HYPER1LE is offline   Reply With Quote