View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 04:57 PM   #59
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
No troll. I like, have always liked Camaro's, ZED cars in particular. I came here originally on rumour that the upcoming ZL1 was in fact going to be the Z. And now we know it was, but Big Al was kept awake at night and decided it was not yet the car. So in the meantime we get the ZL1 beating on the Boss, the 1LE beating on the Boss and now the Z/28 beating on the Boss. But the Boss has retired. Frankly I like the Z/28 and am impressed with it's performance, but the one of the three I would probably have bought would have been the 1LE, best combo of a NA motor and price. Still I already had a Boss at that point and was having a tonne of fun in it; so much so I wanted more of a track star. The Z isn't it. Too heavy and too late in the product life cycle. The gen 6 might be perfect, but by then I may be in my second ever new Mustang if Ford delivers a response to the Z/28. No Ford fanboy (although Al works hard to make me one), but I will always go for the enthusiast's car that fits me at the moment I'm looking. For years it was BMW, then this Ford. Who knows really, what's next. I don't.

I don't think GM really was concerned about beating the BOSS with the Z/28, knowing that the 1LE is capable of beating the BOSS. I think they were more interested in pushing the Camaro higher up in the rankings of performance cars. Of course, they ran it against the Mustang because that is the Camaro's primary competitor and most people would want to see it. And I am willing to be that after the Z/28 is released to journalists, will be between a BOSS and Z/28 but later comparisons will be with the GTR, GT3 and other high end cars.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote