View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 08:48 PM   #31
TWOFORTYZ

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Goat View Post
I don't agree with that statement at all. What kind of weight to slow the car down does it add? A few lbs? And for it getting hot in the car in the summer.. Its got a slide on the inside that blocks the sun doesn't it? The 1LE I drove a couple weeks ago had one. So did the Challenger I drove.
You can disagree all you want but it won't make your car as light or as stiff as with a normal roof. Generally speaking a sunroof adds about 30-60 lbs to a vehicle, depending on size. Glass weight a lot more than sheetmetal and it also removes a small piece of bracing from the roof according to internet folklore. I've personally cut up and parted several vehicles, sheetmetal doesn't weight much at all. Not to mention the weight is at the top of the car and has a lot of leverage over the suspension for increased body roll. The slides are generally vented to prevent mold growth and therefore will not insulate as well as my roof, my headliner hasn't gotten hot yet. I've had cars with sunroofs and will not make that mistake again, I drive too much and don't smoke anymore.

The headroom comment was also excellent, I'm 6'1" with short legs, I have my seat dropped all the way down and have sufficient headroom, although my short 1" of hair touched the ceiling in the sunroof cars. Function over form all day. Also, sunroofs should be fun when you get in a rollover accident.

NPP exhaust is neat, I love the sound of it. I have no mufflers at the moment and my car is still very quiet unless droning from bogging 6th gear below 70mph. I too wanted NPP exhaust, but I went with wide open glasspacks instead after hearing how quiet the car is with no muffling at all. The cats really take the crackle out.

Stop searching your local area and expand your territory. Drive the best car you can find car home, don't buy a POS and regret it because you are too lazy to drive 1000 miles. You could rent a car and run a route to check the best 3 cars for example. Go hard or stay home, this is a serious investment.