View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 08:52 PM   #32
TWOFORTYZ

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich2342 View Post
^True, I want roof and Npp, or low enough price to allow for wheels and supporting mods but if it comes in a neat package and affordable price, better yet. However the
2010 simply from a price point is attractive.

It's hard toss up. The 1LE checks most of the boxes but comes in a few thousand more than the 2014 listed above and the 2010 without warranty.

I am also hesitant of buying sight unseen, but again the supply sucks unless you are willing to buy new.

I am looking for a constructive debate which probably will help for things I may not consider. Reliability features etc..

Thanks all!

The 1LE should be even quieter with "loud" exhaust when compared to a base model. The base gearing is way too tall and makes the car bog in top gear below 70. With 3.90 gears it would have a lot less drone at slow freeway speeds, not forcing you to go into 5th to avoid sounding like a Honda civic. A huge benefit IMO, as well as the closer gear ratios. I would have gone 1LE if I could have afforded it. But, do you drive hard? I thought I did, but I rarely need to use the most of my engine, I short shift and it works great.