View Single Post
Old 04-23-2019, 09:00 AM   #3
Camaro_Fuzion

Drives: 2022 Chevy Camaro 2SS Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
Just want to point out that’s the oil heater in the pic if you didn't know, but based on the pic there's oil leaking somewhere. You can’t see it but the pump is located in the front of the block behind the bottom pulley (the harmonic balancer) and is covered by the timing chain cover. Take a pic of what that area looks like as the most likely area for a leak. While a bad pump would def cause zero pressure it would not necessarily cause a leak. Was the cam ever replaced? If so lots of opportunities to cause oil leaks (pickup tube to pump connection, oil pan gasket, timing chain cover). Did you have an oil change or bottom out the car recently?

Did you drive the car to Sears with no pressure reading?

I had oil pressure when I drove to Sears which was a couple of months ago. I did hit a curb recently but it didn't seem to impact anything or bend anything from what I can see. I need to take it to a shop now to see the real root of the problem. I don't own a left so I can try and get a free estimate on what it will cost. Some places do the labor if the part is provided by me.
Camaro_Fuzion is offline   Reply With Quote