View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 08:27 PM   #115
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
I was a NASCAR devotee from the Pearson/Petty days right up until the debut of the "sticker" cars. Love the German touring cars, they look like Bimmers, Mercs and Audis even if they are fully caged cars underneath. Face it real Musclecars are the true evolution both exist in Germany now.
I will agree the rules have killed NASCAR as we knew it. They screwed it up two ways. One trying to cut costs to the teams by standardizing parts. Two by making the cars all alike to equalize the cars in the name of competition. The safety changes were brought on by the loss of several top named drivers in a short period of time, ending with the death of Dale Earnhardt. Now not only are the cars safer so are the tracks themselves. It is time in my opinion to give more of the decision making on the car designs back to the manufacturers. Go back to having to use factory sheet metal. Make the noses with grill openings as are on the production cars. No taping over grills. Use smaller spoilers and air dams. Leave all the safety innovations as they are today. This will put the driving back on the drivers hands and not so much aero. It may play havoc on the racing for a while until the drivers learn how to drive the old way. This will accomplish 2 things, it will slow the racecars until manufacturers design more aero efficient race cars. Then that will lead to better street cars. That way us as consumers will be the real winners.

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 07-26-2012 at 08:40 PM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote